Sunday 15 December 2013

Change

An exhausting few days...

A 5:30am start on Friday, followed by four hours on the train to Brighton for Lukes funeral.

It was a paradox of beauty and tragedy. A credit to the vibrant life he lived, but oh so devastatingly heart-breaking. I don't think I've ever cried so much in one afternoon.

The world seems to have shifted. Tilted, and changed.

Yesterday I had work, and then my Christmas party, which again, just seemed to be a strange thing to be doing after the events of Friday. But of course, as is customary, I consumed a large amount of alcohol...

Everything just feels so temporary, so small and fragile. Or perhaps I'm describing myself.

Christmas is everywhere I turn and I'm overwhelmed by it. I haven't made plans, or done my shopping, I've been totally rubbish about seeing friends. I cant seem to screw my head on properly. I told Mr B that I would quite like to hibernate for the next 2 weeks, but he didn't seem as convinced by the idea as I was. Super jealous of hedgehogs right now.

I really should go to bed now, but I will just leave you with this song...A Green Day classic that forever reminds me of my wonderful friends. It was played at Lukes funeral too, and has taken on an even deeper significance now...

Good riddance, (the time of your life) by Green Day
Another turning point
A fork stuck in the road

Time grabs you by the wrist
Directs you where to go

So make the best of this test
And don't ask why

It's not a question
But a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable
But in the end it's right
I hope you had the time of your life

So take the photographs
And still frames in your mind

Hang it on a shelf
Of good health and good time

Tattoos of memories
And dead skin on trial

For what it's worth
It was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable
But in the end it's right
I hope you had the time of your life

It's something unpredictable
But in the end it's right
I hope you had the time of your life

It's something unpredictable
But in the end it's right
I hope you had the time of your life
 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment