Wednesday 23 October 2013

Looking for the 'off' switch

Not feeling top banana tonight, so I'm trying to chill my little brain out and take things easy.

Tiredness and busyness makes the black dog bark louder.

Doubts and negative thoughts creep into my head. Yuk yuk.

I would quite like to turn my brain off and stop thinking about things. Please.

So I'm hoping a bit of knitting and a hot bath will drown the black dog out.

Not that I'm going to be knitting in the bath.

That would be quite tricky.

And maybe a tad dangerous too.

But drowning the black dog in the bath sounds like a fabulous idea.

(N.B no animals have been harmed in the writing of this blog. The black dog metaphorically represents the beast that is depression. Just thought I should make that clear for any new readers....)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment