Monday 26 August 2013

No last chance Susie

A really good film has just started on BBC2, 'Last Chance Harvey.'

Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman.

Its a lovely little tale of two ordinary folk, who have the normal kind of complicated messed up existence, that we all share. Their lives collide, and well, I wont tell you the rest, you should just watch it.

But whenever I do watch it, the title of the film always makes me feel a bit sad inside.

Nobody wants to run out of chances.

Its rather dispiriting and depressing to think we only get  a limited number of chances in life.

And a last chance, well, that makes me feel even more hopeless.

Perhaps I'm dreamer, but I like to try and believe that we have an infinite number of chances.

That if we mess things up, we can mop up the spillage, and start again.

The pressure of knowing that it was our last chance, surely would be enough to ruin everything anyway. Better to keep on telling ourselves that we can always start over tomorrow.

Just like the wise words of Anne (of the Green Gables variety), "tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it."

Its not a last chance, just another chance.

Yes.

Mmmhmm.

I think I'm making sense...

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Blimey, I was just updating my blog and then decided to look to see if there was anything new from those that I follow, and then... I did something I've never done before - I clicked on all blogs. And there you were!! I just had to click as the title attracted my attention and scared the hell out of me, as my name is Susie and spelt the same way!

    And as for chances, even if this was warning me somehow, subconciously, that this could be my last chance to fully turn my life around and become who I really want to be, well... If now's the right time, then I plan to make the most of it. If I don't, then there's no point to anything else either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers! That's so strange!

    And I'm excited that you're a Susie too (who spells it the right way, hehe!)

    Lovely to have your message, thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Someone told me recently, 'chances are that there are always chances'. Wise words I think...

    Stay strong xxxx

    ReplyDelete