Saturday 13 April 2013

Simple Kindness




Painted by Michelangelo, and taken from the Sistine Chapel, this image shows the hand of God reaching out to Adam.

 This image just popped into my head, as I'm sat here on a cold and drizzly Saturday morning. I'm not really sure why it decided to come into my brain, but I think its got something to do with kindness.

Let me explain.

I've just finished reading 'The woman who went to bed for a year' by Sue Townsend. I wont spoil it for you if you want to read it, and its not quite as self-explanatory as it sounds. Its a great book though, very witty and insightful, so do have a read.

Anyway, in the novel, two characters begin talking about the greatest human attribute. They conclude that its 'simple kindness' and quite honestly, I couldn't agree more.

In the many small and simple actions we partake in daily, we are reaching out to others in positive ways that we may not be aware of.

A smile.

A thank you.

A hug.

A cup of tea ('cause we all know that is the solution to everyones problems!)

A compliment.

And maybe some slightly bigger things too...

Sending a text message.

Giving up your seat on the train or the bus.

Lending someone your favourite dress.

Buying someone a drink.

Asking someone whats on their mind and listening to what they say.

You get the picture.

Simple kindness.

The way forward.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment