Monday 22 April 2013

Productive(ness)


For those of you who follow me on twitter, you will already know that I spent a large proportion of my day wrestling with a laminator.
I’m still nursing the scars.

Getting something stuck in a laminator despite following all the instructions is terribly irksome. To get the melted sheet out it involved; two pairs of tweezers, a screwdriver, a few drops of blood, and some hidden brute strength.

Despite the 2 hours of wasted time, I do feel like I have gained a new skill. Perhaps a new profession in the pipeline. Susie, the Laminator fixer, at your service.

Today has  been significant for 3 other reasons.

1.       I voluntarily went for a walk on my own and did some exercise.

2.       I had salad for my tea AND ate a banana (healthy food is not usually on my radar, but I am trying.)

3.       After finding out about an organisation that run all kinds of different courses, I rang them up today and have a meeting with an adviser on Wednesday (eeeeek!)

So maybe they don’t sound like much, but to me they’re important little steps. Number 3 was probably the hardest. But it shows that I’m thinking about how I can improve my employability (a silly man in a suit made up that word) and not freak out about it. Because generally speaking the word ‘employment’ scares the bejesus out of me.

And I wasn’t even going to tell anyone about number 3, just in case I don’t go, or it’s a waste of time, or the lady tells me to work in retail again… (I will throw a pie in her face if she does that.)
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment