Sunday 31 March 2013

Open my eyes

Apologies for the lack of blogging. I'm having a bit of a love/hate relationship with my blog at present. I think perhaps I need to pour some energy into this creative hub...either that or just stop doing it altogether.

But I'm somewhat reluctant to do that, as I feel its a promise I've made to myself and to others...To keep blogging, to keep telling my story, and to keep that burning light of hope alive.

Depression and anxiety can be painfully isolating, and through the power of the Internet, I hope to continue reaching out to others, reminding them that they are not alone.

So maybe I will be a little more strict with my blogging in the coming weeks. Actually, strict is not the right word, and I hate following rules (even if I make them myself!) I think what I mean is, I will try to approach things in a new and fresh way. Possibly try and do a bit more structured writing time within my day.

A(nother) or new beginning.

Absolutely no idea how I'm going to achieve this of course. So it will probably be the same old drivel...We shall see.

For now though, I will leave you with 2 passages that I conjured up in a creative workshop last week.

Once again the bleeding sky hung over me. Like the palette of paints on my desks, reds and blues absorbing one another. Heavy and swirling, forcing my eyes skyward.


Memories of pictures I've painted fill my mind. Layers of colours, brushstrokes and paint. Red and purple. Yellow and black. Covered in dust, never to be seen again.

xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment