Thursday 29 November 2012

Lots of whys

Waking up to a garden sprinkled with fairy dust is magical.
It opens your eyes to the stillness and beauty of the world.
As you can probably tell, I'm a big fan.

Waiting at the bus stop in the freezing cold is horrible.
The longer you wait the more angry you feel with the world.
As you can probably tell, I'm not a big fan.

In other news, I had a productive morning discussing and dissecting (not literally) Henry IV pt 1 with my old pals at the W.E.A.

And a rather less productive afternoon, where I seemed to get more and more frustrated with some  group members.

Why do some people love the sound of their own voice? Why are some people so narrow minded? Why are some people so insistent on putting others down? Why do some people have to be the teachers pet? Why do others always have to have the last word? Why do some people always think they're right? Why why why??

Oh, how I had to resist the urge to poke them in the eye.

I probably should feel a little bit bad about having a moan, but only 3 out of the 25 members of the group bother to speak to me, so I don't really care. The others are obviously so dazzled with my wit and intellect that they cant bare to speak to me. Yeah. I'll try and convince myself that's the reason, and they're not just miserable old bats who don't like a younger person in the group...

Hmmm...this could turn into an interesting bit of writing about ageism or groups. Or ageism and groups....

 But I don't think it will just now, I can't really be bothered... I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist about it. Instead, I will take Mr B's advice, and just chill...

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment