Tuesday 9 October 2012

another day

Some days don't turn out exactly how you imagine them to.

You might step in a puddle, miss your bus or drop your last salt and vinegar chipstick on the floor. Equally, you could find 10p in an old coat, a butterfly might land on your shoulder and for once your hair might just behave itself.

Either way, I have learnt that the tables seem to keep on turning. A bad day could be followed by a great day. A funny day could be followed by a miserable day. You just don't know. And I must admit I still find that uncertainty rather irritating. But this is the nature of depression and the black dog.

However, at one point all my days just merged into one disgusting numbing dark blob, so things have most definitly improved...

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Susie, I would just like to say Hi and thank you for introducing me to your Blog.

    We met very briefly yesterday at World Mental Health Day event in Bath. Although I dont suffer from depression I have experienced a very stressful episode this year and some of the things you mentioned and talked about here resonate with me.

    I know you wont necessarily agree but you were very inspirational, just in the few moments we spoke. I thought of so many people who could benefit from reading your blog - so I will be signposting them.

    I havent had time to catch up with all your previous blogs but have read a few recent ones and I want to leave you with this which links to your new tatoo and your blog a few days ago love love love.

    For you ....

    Love After Love

    The time will come
    when, with elation
    you will greet yourself arriving
    at your own door, in your own mirror
    and each will smile at the other's welcome,

    and say, sit here. Eat.
    You will love again the stranger who was your self.
    Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
    to itself, to the stranger who has loved you

    all your life, whom you ignored
    for another, who knows you by heart.
    Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,
    the photographs, the desperate notes,
    peel your own image from the mirror.
    Sit. Feast on your life.

    Derek Walcott

    Keeping Blogging and Living Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is AWESOME!!! thank you so much :) x

    ReplyDelete