Saturday 7 July 2012

shuffle, then repeat.

I've been thinking about repetition.

Repetition of words, people, conversations, feelings, the way we react to certain situations.

Do we really learn our lessons?

Or are programmed to repeat the same patterns of behaviour over and over again?

I strive to change things about myself so much, but in some areas of my life I think certain ways of thinking have been ingrained too deeply.

My reactions and emotions are constantly repeated in certain situations, no matter how much I try and change them.

Or maybe I don't want to change them.

On the surface I can see the negative effect they have, but would changing them be even worse?

At least I know where I am with my repetitive behaviour.

Its predictable.

Manageable.

Well, maybe not always.

I need to think on this further....

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment