Saturday 10 March 2012

susie and the gym

Well, my body is STILL aching in all kinds of strange places after yesterday's gym session. I think I used muscles that I didn't even know existed. Ouchy.

I should try and write a witty entry about my gym experience...but the trouble is, I've discovered the gym is quite dull really...And yes I know I've only been once, but as I was on the cross trainer, my mind was wandering all over the place, and all I had to look at was my own sweaty face in the mirror. Not fun. Why do they even put mirrors in the gym? Who really wants to see themselves looking all red faced and flustered? Very odd.

Thankfully though my gym is just at my local leisure centre so there were just lots of normal people, no posers strutting around in tank tops whilst lifting huge weights...These people are not cool.

My personal trainer seems like a good egg, and I hope he's not going to be too much of a slave driver. Although some of the machines he got me on yesterday looked like modern versions of medieval torture devices. Felt like them too.

He wants me to have two sessions with him next week...(I tried to hide my shock/surprise and think of some busy plans in my week but worse luck he noticed my big empty diary, curses...!) My body may fall apart, limbs might go flying or I maybe I'll just collapse in a heap like a big lump of jelly. I'll keep you posted.

Luckily though I did get some pink trainers to make my gym experience slightly more enjoyable. And in the battle of no make up or make up? My vanity won hands down, but I was slightly regretting my choice at the end of the hour as foundation dripped down my face. It was a little bit gross.

Ahh but despite my moaning I do think this whole gym thingy will be good for me. Mind and body working together and all that jazz.

And if all else fails, I shall take tips from one of the most ingenious music videos ever made...see below...!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment