Wednesday 16 November 2011

Gramps

I dreamt about my Grandpa last night.

Yesterday it was 6 years since he passed away. And I still miss him just as much as I ever did. He is the voice in my head, and the warm glow of strength and love in my heart. He never leaves me, he's always with me, challenging me, encouraging me. He wasn't just my Grandpa, he was my best friend too.

It was a turning point in my life when I lost him. My world became broken and confused. Black dog crept upon me and I dulled my pain with the nearest quick fix.

Looking back, its strange that an event so inevitable can suddenly bring out all your demons and fears.
Quite scary really.

I've just remembered this song, it really helped to soothe my pain and give me comfort at the time.

When I look around me now, I want to try and find hope and light in the darkness.

It tries to hide. But hope is there. It really is.

Promise.

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment