Wednesday 26 October 2011

kindred spirits

Kindred spirits.

I like that phrase.

It makes me feel all warm and cosy.

It reminds me of Anne of Green Gables (if you haven't read or watched the videos, shame on you...although I doubt many of the male species have entered into the world of Avonlea...)

Its a phrase that gives me hope.

It makes me feel connected.

I like feeling connected.

And I like the feeling of liking feeling connected.

Ha! Bet that confused you...

A spirit, in my mind, is something invisible, a link, or a chain that can go anywhere, its superhuman. Its indestructible. You cannot harm or break it. It will never die. And it will never change.

Kindred spirits.

It reminds me that I'm not alone.

And I will say HURRAH to that!

xxx

2 comments:

  1. thanks for this. Would like to think that i'm a kindred spirit ... we're all in this together ... we are not alone ... i am a rock, i am an island? Rubbish! we all need each other. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that the word kindness is from the same root as kin and kindred. Means treat others as kith and kin.
    And no, you are not on your own.
    Thank you for your courage and honesty.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete