Thursday 1 September 2011

Hopefully

Flight.

Fright.

Freeze.

Our three basic human instincts that can jump in and rescue us when danger approaches.

Each one is an incredibly powerful resource. Not one method is better than another, but the importance lies in listening to our gut, telling us which one we need to follow through.

Right now, for me, its freeze.

I'm frozen.

And not in the fish finger kind of sense....

But I've had so much going on in my life over the last few weeks, all I can do is step back, and take a deep breath. Rest my body, and try to relax my mind.

Whether you fly, fight or freeze, take sanctuary, and take time to heal.

All these little wise words came out of my counselling session this morning. And I have found them really encouraging, as I so often feel guilty, or a failure, for having to go to one of these places. I need to remember that they are not places of weakness, but hopefully, where I can try to regain some strength.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment