Thursday 11 August 2011

Back to 2001?!

The more I think about it, the more it seems like everyone around me is growing up and I'm becoming  more like a child.....(And yes I realise that I have overused the word 'more' but I am tired and I can't think of anything else....)

Everyone seems to be getting married, having babies, stepping up the next rung on their career ladder, buying a bigger car, investing in a house.............Generally being a grown up.

And yet, I seem to be regressing. Going back 10 years to my 15 year old self........

Here are a few examples....

1. I am listening to Green Day...a lot....possibly too much...

2. I have temporarily abandoned my handbags in favour of a rucksack (shocking but true, although of course it does have a pretty pattern on it...)

3. Also I seem to be spending a lot of time wearing my red converse....whereas, my usual mid twenties self would always be seen in something a lot more high fashion and a lot more uncomfortable!

4. Oh yeah....I'm living at home...with my parents.......

5. Who I have to rely on.......a lot.

6. I'm constantly skint....!

7. I've started smoking.........again.....another bad habit picked up mid teens......

8. I still can't drive!

9. After a week of vegan food I'm almost considering being a vegetarian again...

10. A few days ago I wore my hair in pigtails..........ahhhh!!!

Oh dear, everything is so topsy turvy in the world of Susie.

I have never wanted to grow up.

So maybe these crutches aren't so bad.

But I just can't help comparing myself to everyone else.

And thinking........

I have failed.

I am a failure.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment