Friday 20 May 2011

change

Change is a really weird thing.

I was thinking about this the other night when I texted a friend after she'd had a family member pass away....Really sad....And it made me think, sometimes I think I should really listen to the advice I give to other people, and take it on board myself...!

So this is what I was thinking/texting/wittering...

Sometimes change is a really good thing, and it comes along just when you need it, brightens up your day, and brings with it excitement and hope. And sometimes change is horrible. It can turn your world upside down, and shake you to the core. Bringing sadness, despair, and fear.

But something that will never change, that can't ever be taken away from you, is what's inside you. Who is inside you. Your family, your friends, your memories. They will never go away. They will always be part of you. You might temporarily mislay some of those memories, some of those people. But at some point they will come back. They cling on to the corners of your mind, and they make you who you are.

And I know that this sounds super duper cheesy. But I find it comforting. Because I find change a real challenge. Most of the time I feel like my life will never change, but then when something earth shattering does happen, I can't cope with it. It sounds really weird, and I'm not explaining myself at all well....(nothing new there then...!)

I just want to remember that there is something I can cling on to. Something inside me that no-one or nothing can change, no matter how hard they might try. They can't take it away from me, and it won't change....

So yeah, this makes no sense.....change is good, change is bad, blah blah blah...conclusion..change is good and bad!

My glass of wine is calling....

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment