Saturday 9 April 2011

Self inflicted laughter

The computer just deleted my two paragraphs of blogging. ARRRRGH. why why why... I hate computers...this has literally happened like a million times. GGGGGGGGRRRRR. rage.
Right...back to what I was jabbering on about......

I've had a crappy couple of days. Black dog wont bugger off. My doctor increased my medication on Monday, but it doesn't seem to be working really.

Still not a fan of the sunshine. Well that's putting it  mild really. And actually I'm freezing. I've got 2 jumpers on and my winter cosy slippers and I'm still cold. Haven't opened the blinds in my bedroom all day. Don't want to see the world.

Hmm ironic... I just rewrote one of those paragraphs...and have proceeded to delete it.

Whats the point, lets stop writing.

Urgh this is seriously not helping tonight. Come on Susie try and think of something that will make you chuckle, just for a second.....

Oh yes...here we go.....

I was in the little old red car earlier, loving the fact that its so retro and still has a tape player....(Does anyone else have one? Actually we have one in our car and four in our house....maybe we're just ultimate retro, or does that equate to old fashioned?) Anyway I discovered a great cassette. In fact its the first album I ever owned. I got it for Christmas in 1992, when I was a little cheeky munchkin aged 6. What fantastic musical taste I had at such an early age. Don't ask me where on earth I found out about this band. But I specifically remember asking my confused Grandma for it for Christmas. An album that still gets me dancing round my bedroom doing lots of crazy dance moves and singing at the top of my voice.

Yeah it might be a little cheesy. But I love them. You cant beat a bit of Phil Collins with the indestructible Genesis!

And this song was my favourite.... Invisible touch....YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN60DR5GQpg

And now I am going to crap all over the lyrics.....with love and affection of course. Because after all, no matter how weird the lyrics are..its a blaady brilliant song!

Well I've been waiting, waiting here so long (why why are you still waiting? She must be something special)
But thinking nothing, nothing could go wrong (don't speak too soon), ooh now I know
She has a built in ability
To take everything she sees
(greedy bitch)
And now it seems I'm falling, falling for her.

She seems to have an invisible touch yeah (literally I never could hear what he was singing on this bit, I always used to be like 'aninvissshibletochyaaa')She reaches in, and grabs right hold of your heart (ouch that must of been painful)
She seems to have an invisible touch yeah
It takes control and slowly tears you apart.
(again more pain, Phil is getting ripped to pieces here)

Well I don't really know her, I only know her name (slightly creepy, does she know who you are Phil, does she?!)
But she crawls under your skin, you're never quite the same, (this line always seemed so literal in my mind, and so gross, and again, painful) and now I know
She's got something you just can't trust
It's something mysterious
(or creepy, but maybe mysterious sounds less mean..)
And now it seems I'm falling, falling for her

She seems to have an invisible touch yeah (is she completely invisible I wonder at this point...or is it just her touch?)
She reaches in, and grabs right hold of your heart (ooo more pain)
She seems to have an invisible touch yeah (hmm I think it must just be her touch that's invisible...Hang on a minute...all touches are invisible...aren't they...?)
It takes control and slowly tears you apart. (is she doing this finger by finger?)

She don't like losing, to her it's still a game (I'm sure she's winning Phil)
And though she will mess up your life, (but you're still willing to go ahead with this?)
You'll want her just the same, (Yes yes you are, that answers my question then) and now I know
She has a built in ability
To take everything she sees
(but you obviously don't mind...so you go girlfriend!)
And now it seems I've fallen, fallen for her. (aka... under...the......thumb)

Oh Susie. Well done. You managed to make yourself laugh

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment: