Monday 14 March 2011

Looking in the mirror

I always tend to blog towards the end of the day and I really shouldn't because I'm always soooo sleepy....And I get bored of starting with the words "I'm tired...again!" But if I blogged at the beginning of the day, I would still be incredibly zombie-like....In fact I don't think I would even make it to the computer.... And there would be the added problem of not remembering what had happened the day before.... So I guess I will stick with it.... Yawn through it.... Drink some more Diet Coke.....

Witter witter witter.......ramble ramble ramble.......la la la....doop de doop....(Doop de doop, where did that pop from? 1959?!)

Anyway....so I'm going to sound extremely self-indulgent, and maybe a bit weird now but I don't really care...because today was the first day that I looked in the mirror and I thought..."I like my outfit...I look maybe a little bit cool today(?!)"...And I felt OK...I didn't want to jump out of the window or pour a tin of white paint over my head...Progress has been made....!

My hair was behaving itself for once, and didn't feel like wispy old straw stuck onto my head. The suitcases under my eyeballs didn't feel so dark and heavy. It was sunny outside and for the first time I didn't have to wear my giant duvet coat to keep warm. In fact, I started taking layers off! Yes, I had reached optimum body temperature! Hurrah. All my clothes felt like they fitted. Trousers didn't fall down (bloody good job...I was beginning to get some very odd looks and gaining the reputation of  a flasher is not on my agenda) and boots were comfy. I rediscovered a bright pink scarfy thing from last summer and it just seemed to lift me somehow. I also got a new mascara (Clinique, free in Glamour..if you're interested :-p ) and enjoyed coating the old eyelashes until they felt extra specially long...

Managed to get the bus....Bag of tricks (knitting, ipod, snacks, water, paracetamol, magazine) helped me through..And of course the sunglasses made another appearance....Never ending love for the aviators....

And so this blog has gone in a full circle..because I'm back to the original point-

Cream crackered.......but today...it was worth it.....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment