Saturday 26 February 2011

Spinning Away

OK, so I've just re-read today's blog and I don't think it makes any sense! I'm pretty knackered and I'm really having trouble concentrating. But even though the upcoming blog makes me sound completely nuts, I have to write it down. I don't want to forget it. And if theres a teeny tiny chance that it might help someone else for a few minutes, then bonus....So here we go...

My mind is constantly whirring...questioning...doubting...fearing....I get so frustrated with my mind and body. I feel like I am walking around in the darkness, looking for a light switch that has been hidden from me. There are  a few little techniques that can sometimes help when I'm like this. But the really tough thing is, when the black dog has taken over you, you feel totally immobilised. It takes a staggering amount of superhuman strength to do anything. And when you're in that place, you don't feel like anything will ever make it better or take you away from it.

So, try this....And for a few minutes your mind and body will take you out of the darkness.

First, download the song, Spinning Away by Sugar Ray (little bit of trivia, its on 'The Beach' soundtrack. Rubbish film, that we all pretended to love because of Leo...ahhh good times...)
Oooo Leonardo managed to distract me for a minute there....

Second, find yourself a space.
Away from people.
Preferably outside.
A field, a garden, a beach, but even your bedroom works.

Blast the song out.
And spin.
Spin slowly..
Spin fast....and faster!
Round and round...
Put your arms out...
Look up...
Go so fast that you think you might fall over, and if you do then it will be a moment of hilarity.
And then stand still.
Whoaaaa dizzy hey....

Now I bet you feel like a fruit loop too!

But for a minute there....You were taken away. Transported. A moment away from the black dog. Hurrah for spinning.
Simple things....:-)

Oh and here are the lyrics....

Up on a hill,
as the day dissolves
With my pencil turning moments into line.
One by one,

all the stars appear
As the great winds of the planet spiral in.
Spinning away, like the night sky

In the million insect storm, the constellations form.
On a hill,

under a raven sky
I have no idea exactly where I've been.


Some kind of change,
some kind of spinning away,
With every single line moving further out in time.


Spinning away,
Like the night sky,
I have no idea exactly where I've been

And here, and there.
And here, and there.

Some kind of spinning away

And here, and there.
And here, and there.

Some kind of spinning away.

                                             Spinning Away, Sugar Ray

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment