Saturday 12 February 2011

Somehow...somewhere..something is gonna make you laugh!

I love laughing. I love it even more when I haven't laughed for ages, and something really gets me giggling right in the gut. It becomes uncontrollable, my chuckle that can't be stopped, as I begin to fall off my chair....

I'm trying to write this blog whilst being distracted by a hilarious conversation down memory lane.....

Anyway, the point is, when you haven't laughed for a long time, you appreciate it so much more. You want the laughter to last for as long as possible, and when you find something funny, you don't want to let it go, you don't want to forget it. Well thats how things are for me at the moment. It makes me realise just how long I have lived without laughter in my life.These funny moments are like precious gems, glimmers of light breaking through the darkness.

So here's a little tale for you..........

A few months ago I noticed something sparkling.... And it wasn't just what was so bright and shiny that caught my eye, but where it was........at the bottom of the toilet!As I took a closer look, I realised that it was a 5 pence piece....How did it get there? Was it a bird? Was it a plane? Had the fairies been leaving money in toilets instead of under pillows? This was a mystery to be undertaken by Detective Piggott...and this was a case that I would have to crack! (Apologies, but there's got to be a few  bottom puns in this story!) Being the festive period the detective in me could only assume that someone had eaten a piece of christmas pudding, and accidently eaten the traditional coin! But who could of eaten such a thing? And how did they not realise? And boy oh boy...did they notice it pop out?? (Again, apologies for the graphic nature of the story, but these were serious points to the investigation.....)

I hate christmas pudding, so that ruled me out of the equation, plus the fact that I wouldn't be such a dimwit to swallow a coin. So that left the suspects down to Mama and Papa Piggott. Both keen eaters of christmas pudding. Suspicious. Yes. Evidence? Not enough...

Thus began the subtle questioning of each suspect, casually dropping christmas pudding into conversation. How much did they really like it? Had they eaten any recently? Had they any previous experience of swalling coins? Maybe they realised I was on to them, maybe I wasn't quite subtle enough, or maybe just maybe one of them had a guilty consience. Either way, they were soon realising that Detective Piggott was on the case, and something was not quite peachy... (peachy bottom anyone....?!)

Or maybe they had just seen the coin in the toilet... When questioned, both suspects blamed one another (typical) and stated that they had not touched a crumb of the festive pudding. And so the mystery continues....the plot thickens, and before you say, "Maybe someone just dropped it?" No! Of course they didn't. That would be too easy. Too simple an explanation. Theres a double crossing going on here somewhere and I will uncover it. Thus, everytime I pop into the toilet, I hear a little chuckle at the back of my head. The coin is still there. Detective Piggott hasn't been given been any new evidence. But when telling my Grandma about it, I had to use every ounce of my energy to stop her putting on her marigolds, sticking her hand down the toilet and bringing the coin back up. "But every penny counts!" She cried. No sorry Grandma, not this one, this coin is a little dose of laughter, and its staying in the toilet!

Big love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment