Sunday 6 February 2011

A big black dog day...and The Racoons

Just been speaking to my lovely cousin and she did make me smile :-) I texted her this morning as I was lying on my bedroom floor listening to........(big breath Susie...be brave..be brave) The Racoon soundtrack! We always used to watch the Racoons together, sitting in our dressing gowns, eating shreddies and playing with our matching Gordon the Gopher's (what ever happened to him?!) good times....

 For those of you who don't remember (or are pretending not to remember?!) The Racoons was a completly brilliant cartoon in the early 90's. It covered all kinds of adventure, love, action, it was hard hitting drama....! Bert was my favourite, but i could never work out what animal Cyril Sneer was, I think anteater maybe, but why is he pink? Hmmmm... Anyway you were always on the edge of your seat when the Racoons were involved.....And it had the best soundtrack EVER!

"When darkness falls, leaving shadows in the night, dont be afraid wipe that tear from your eyes....."

Thats just one of the many classic lines, and combined with a pounding 80's beat, I really don't think you could ask for more....

So that phone call has made a big difference to my day because I have been treading water in an infinite ocean of darkness for the past 24 hours. Black Dog has been everywhere.

A few words to describe how I've been feeling...

Numb
Mind blurry
Tension
Knotted up stomach
Anxious
Headache
Hands shaky
Heart palpatations
Unable to access emotions...feelings of love,being loved, trapped at the back of my head, buried beneath a mountain of rubbish
A failure

I think I might go and try and buy buyself a Racoons dvd off the internet....
xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment